Sharpen your knives and throw away your meat thermometers! French Laundry alum and Truffle Shuffle founder Chef Tyler Vorce will teach you how to make a delicious pan-seared steak from the finest black Angus cattle like a true professional. Plus, there’s no better way to accompany a beautifully seared 14 oz steak than with a baked potato and our favorite sweet corn succotash. A classic summer go-to with a twist, this fresh salad expertly balances the sweetness of corn at the peak of its season with the acidity of our very own Truffle Gastrique.
For this on demand class, you can cook at your own pace and enjoy this class over and over again. We will provide you with the shopping list, recipe and an instructional video to help you make the most delicious summer steak dish ever!
1. Choose your favorite cut, whether it’s T-Bone, bone-in Ribeye, or New York strip steak.
2. Make sure to season your steak liberally. Red meat can take quite a bit of salt.
3. As a rule of thumb, always rest your cooked meat for about half the time it took to cook. This allows the juices to settle and absorb back into the meat.
4. Save your corn cobs to make a delicious corn stock.
5. Add your spinach to wilt over low heat, just before serving to maintain it's beautiful green color.
6. Always use tinfoil to get the perfect baked potato. This will give you perfect crispy skin and keeping the inside light.
7. Season your baked potato with a good amount of salt because you throw it in the oven, this will give it a lot of flavor.
Born and raised in Kennebunk, Maine, Chef Tyler Vorce has been working in kitchens since he was fourteen years old. What started as a dishwashing position at Pier 77 Restaurant in Cape Porpoise grew, with the guidance of his mentor Chef Pete Morency, into a lifelong love of cooking. Since graduating from Johnson & Wales University’s culinary program, he’s worked in some of the world’s most highly acclaimed kitchens, including Dovetail in New York City and the three Michelin-starred restaurant, The French Laundry. Tyler co-founded Truffle Shuffle in the hopes of sharing his extensive culinary knowledge, with the goal of arming curious home cooks with all skills and techniques necessary to cook like professional chefs.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure ingredients
2. Print and review strep-by-step recipe.
3. Prepare mise en place
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.