We're making a delicious smoked salmon quiche and a fresh lemony salad in this very fun cooking class! You’ll learn essential knife skills, how to blind bake a tart shell, and a great go-to recipe that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Click the links to the left for the recipe, shopping list, and culinary tips from the Chef for helpful tips & tricks before you get started.
(P.S. Don't forget to blind bake your shell in advance! Check out the homework video to learn how.)
1. Though spreading beans on your tart shell may seem odd, it’s super important! The beans act as a weight, keeping the shell from puffing and shrinking as it bakes.
2. Different parts of a home oven are hotter than others—make sure to rotate the quiche halfway through so it cooks evenly.
3. Don’t be afraid of a little jiggle: overcooking the quiche will result in dry eggs. Instead, bake until the edges are set, but it still wiggles a bit in the center.
Born in San Diego, California and raised in Tijuana, Mexico, Chef Alejandro Toscano’s fascination with cooking began on a family vacation in Cancún, where he first tasted a dish with three different preparations of lobster. He was stunned by the possibilities of cooking, an infatuation that was only heightened after returning to San Diego at the age of 11 and getting American cable for the first time. It was then that Alejandro discovered the wonders of The Food Network, and chefs like Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis inspired his path to The California Culinary Academy. Since graduating, he’s worked at some of the Bay Area’s top restaurants, including San Francisco institution Jardinière and Michelin-starred The Progress & State Bird Provisions. Alejandro loves sharing his passion for cooking with his Truffle Shuffle guests in the hopes that they learn that it’s simple—and fun!—to create amazing meals in their own home.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure ingredients
2. Print and review step-by-step recipe.
3. Prepare mise en place
4. Review Culinary Tips from the Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.