Learn to cook a restaurant-quality meal in your own home! We’re making a light Milanese-style risotto that’s perfect for a hot summer’s day & teaching so many culinary skills along the way. You’ll learn essential knife skills like hachéing, how to get the perfect risotto texture, and how to extract saffron for crazy amounts of flavor and color.
1. After you add your last ladle of broth, be sure to cook the risotto down to ‘Au Sec’ for the final time so it's the ideal texture once you add the dairy.
2. When sweating your shallots and toasting your rice, try to get little to no color.
3. Don't stop stirring! You may get tired, but I promise it's worth it—the more you stir, the creamier your risotto will be.
4. Always season to taste! Add as much or as little salt and acid as you prefer.
5. Feel free to add a purée of any of your favorite vegetables in place of the whipped cream for a lighter version of this dish. Spinach purée, butternut squash puree, and asparagus purée will all taste incredible!
6. This risotto tastes great with your favorite roast veggies. Or, you can wilt some tender greens like arugula, spinach, or pea tendrils directly into your finished risotto for added flavor!
Born and raised in Kennebunk, Maine, Chef Tyler Vorce has been working in kitchens since he was fourteen years old. What started as a dishwashing position at Pier 77 Restaurant in Cape Porpoise grew, with the guidance of his mentor Chef Pete Morency, into a lifelong love of cooking. Since graduating from Johnson & Wales University’s Culinary Arts program, he’s worked in some of the world’s most highly acclaimed kitchens, including Dovetail in New York City and the three Michelin-starred restaurant The French Laundry. Tyler co-founded Truffle Shuffle in the hopes of sharing his extensive culinary knowledge, with the goal of arming curious home cooks with all the skills and techniques necessary to cook like professional chefs.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org.