We’re bringing Truffle Shuffle to the great outdoors in this exciting cooking experience! You’ll learn how to cook over an open fire like a professional chef, finding the perfect hot spots on your grill to cook truffle-marinated chicken to perfection, and become the grill master of your home (or campsite!). Click the links to the left for the recipe, shopping list, and culinary tips from the Chef for helpful tips & tricks before you get started.
1. The key to cooking over an open flame is to be on the move: always look for hot spots on your grill without letting your meat catch fire. This means an active chef!
2. When working with chicken, cleanliness is key. Always take the time to wash your hands and equipment before proceeding to the next step.
3. Get creative the next time you make these kebabs: swap out the vegetables with whatever is in season or whatever veggies look extra delicious at your grocery store or farmer’s market.
Born and raised in Kennebunk, Maine, Chef Tyler Vorce has been working in kitchens since he was fourteen years old. What started as a dishwashing position at Pier 77 Restaurant in Cape Porpoise grew, with the guidance of his mentor Chef Pete Morency, into a lifelong love of cooking. Since graduating from Johnson & Wales University’s culinary program, he’s worked in some of the world’s most highly acclaimed kitchens, including Dovetail in New York City and the three Michelin-starred restaurant, The French Laundry. Tyler co-founded Truffle Shuffle in the hopes of sharing his extensive culinary knowledge, with the goal of arming curious home cooks with all skills and techniques necessary to cook like professional chefs.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Culinary Tips from the Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your Video On Demand class, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org.