Cook along with Chef Tyler as he teaches you to make a restaurant-quality meal with just a few delicious ingredients. He'll show you how to hand-roll ricotta gnocchi with fresh lemon zest, make perfectly browned butter for toasty milk solid goodness, and fry crispy sage for crazy delicious flavor. This dish is so impressive yet simple, you'll want to recreate it for all your friends and family!
1. Make sure all the wet ingredients are fully incorporated before you add any flour. Once you add the flour, fold—rather than mix—the dough.
2. Gnocchi dough will naturally be very sticky—don’t panic! This is where working the flour comes in.
3. Cut the gnocchi to the same size to guarantee even cooking.
4. Add some freshly ground black pepper or a sprinkling of spices to your ricotta mixture to pack in extra flavor.
5. For added variety, make your favorite pasta sauce & divide your gnocchis between your signature sauce and your brown butter sage sauce.
6. This gnocchi also tastes great with added sautéed mushrooms or spinach.
Born and raised in Kennebunk, Maine, Chef Tyler Vorce has been working in kitchens since he was fourteen years old. What started as a dishwashing position at Pier 77 Restaurant in Cape Porpoise grew, with the guidance of his mentor Chef Pete Morency, into a lifelong love of cooking. Since graduating from Johnson & Wales University’s culinary program, he’s worked in some of the world’s most highly acclaimed kitchens, including Dovetail in New York City and the three Michelin-starred restaurant The French Laundry. Tyler co-founded Truffle Shuffle in the hopes of sharing his extensive culinary knowledge, with the goal of arming curious home cooks with all skills and techniques necessary to cook like professional chefs.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.