Learn to cook a restaurant-quality meal in your own home! We’re having a lot of fun making fresh pasta. We’ll show you how to make pasta dough from scratch, the technique for hand-rolling fresh dough, and a simple sauce to highlight your beautiful handmade pasta.
1. Make a wide flour well (rather than a thin flour dam) so your eggs don't spill out. This will help keep things a bit cleaner, but don't panic if your eggs escape! We’ll mix everything together regardless.
2. Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes to ensure a smooth texture.
3. Roll the dough thin enough that you are able to read a piece of paper through it—the pasta doubles in thickness when it cooks, so a thin delicate dough will give your pasta a better texture in the end.
4. Always finish cooking your pasta in sauce. The pasta soaks up the sauce, its starch acting as a thickener. The two meld together to become one delicious dish!
Born and raised in Kennebunk, Maine, Chef Tyler Vorce has been working in kitchens since he was fourteen years old. What started as a dishwashing position at Pier 77 Restaurant in Cape Porpoise grew, with the guidance of his mentor Chef Pete Morency, into a lifelong love of cooking. Since graduating from Johnson & Wales University’s culinary program, he’s worked in some of the world’s most highly acclaimed kitchens, including Dovetail in New York City and the three Michelin-starred restaurant The French Laundry. Tyler co-founded Truffle Shuffle in the hopes of sharing his extensive culinary knowledge, with the goal of arming curious home cooks with all skills and techniques necessary to cook like professional chefs.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.