We're making a deeply delicious Chicago-style pizza with sausage, mushrooms, and our signature truffle tomato sauce. You’ll learn essential knife skills, how to make pizza dough from scratch, and a great go-to pizza recipe (make sure to take your new skills and get creative with toppings for the future!). Click the links to the left for the recipe, shopping list, and culinary tips from the Chef for helpful tips & tricks before you get started. (P.S. Don't forget to start your dough 2 hours before making your pizza! Check out the homework video to learn how.)
1. You need to knead! Kneading develops the gluten in your dough, which makes it stronger and better able to stretch as it rises.
2. When hydrating the yeast, make sure the water is warm, not hot or cold. Cold water doesn’t quite wake the yeast up, but hot water kills it!
3. Mushrooms are little sponges—wash them quickly and never leave them soaking in water.
4. Don’t forget to move your oven rack before preheating! We want to mimic a wood-fired oven, and this ensures your pizza will cook at a higher temperature.
Born and raised in Kennebunk, Maine, Chef Tyler Vorce has been working in kitchens since he was fourteen years old. What started as a dishwashing position at Pier 77 Restaurant in Cape Porpoise grew, with the guidance of his mentor Chef Pete Morency, into a lifelong love of cooking. Since graduating from Johnson & Wales University’s culinary program, he’s worked in some of the world’s most highly acclaimed kitchens, including Dovetail in New York City and the three Michelin-starred restaurant, The French Laundry. Tyler co-founded Truffle Shuffle in the hopes of sharing his extensive culinary knowledge, with the goal of arming curious home cooks with all skills and techniques necessary to cook like professional chefs.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure ingredients
2. Print and review strep-by-step recipe.
3. Prepare mise en place
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.