Learn to cook a restaurant-quality meal in your own home! Michelin-starred Chef Jackson Yu’s mother is joining the Truffle Shuffle Family to teach us her famous dumplings and dipping sauce. You’ll learn how to hand-roll and fold the traditional Chinese dumplings Mrs. Huan has been making for over forty years.
1. Add the water to your dough slowly to ensure a silky smooth texture.
2. Keep your meat cold! Always return your meat to the fridge so it stays firm when you’re shaping your dumplings.
3. Before you add the cabbage, always chop, salt, and squeeze.
4. The salt forces the water out of the cabbage before you cook your precious dumplings.
5. Don’t cook your dumplings at a full boil. Always maintain a low simmer so the wrapping doesn’t overcook.
Many of you may know of Chef Jackson who taught our Sushi class back in February and the owner of Michelin Star Sushi Restaurant Omakase. Meet the woman behind Chef Jackson, Mrs. Huan. his mother. Born and raised in China, Mrs. Huan moved to the United States in the late '80s after the cultural revolution. She started working at the Peking restaurant in San Francisco and was a dumpling chef for eight years. Chef Jackson has mentioned to us that she makes his favorite dumplings in the entire world. Although she worked in the Peking restaurant for eight years, she has over 40 years of experience making dumplings.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.