Learn how to build Chef Tyler’s ultimate cheese board, featuring our favorite local creameries! We'll teach you how to build a beautiful cheese board like a true professional, using your senses to sample and select California’s best cheeses. We’ll walk you through the unique tasting notes, flavor profiles, and textures that can be appreciated in the highest quality cheese. From there, we give our expert advice on presentation, and how to pair cheese with nuts, dried fruit, our homemade pickles, and our Brown Butter Truffle Honey.
1. If you're interested in making a larger cheese board, we recommend having an array of soft, hard, and crumbly cheeses. We especially love Brie, Parmesan, Pecorino, Manchego, and Ricotta.
2. Dried and fresh fruits are a great addition to any cheese board.
3. Always temper your cheeses 30 minutes before serving.
4. You can add spiced or flavored crackers to your board for variety.
5. Include some pickles or olives to add saltiness.
6. Salamis, prosciutto, or your favorite cured meat makes for great additions to any cheese board.
Born and raised in Kennebunk, Maine, Chef Tyler Vorce has been working in kitchens since he was fourteen years old. What started as a dishwashing position at Pier 77 Restaurant in Cape Porpoise grew, with the guidance of his mentor Chef Pete Morency, into a lifelong love of cooking. Since graduating from Johnson & Wales University’s culinary program, he’s worked in some of the world’s most highly acclaimed kitchens, including Dovetail in New York City and the three Michelin-starred restaurant The French Laundry. Tyler co-founded Truffle Shuffle in the hopes of sharing his extensive culinary knowledge, with the goal of arming curious home cooks with all skills and techniques necessary to cook like professional chefs.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.