Ever wondered how you can make your beloved childhood mac and cheese that much better? We've done extensive research, and it turns out the answer is truffles! In this class, you'll learn to make an adult mac and cheese fit for any dinner party or weeknight indulgence. Creamy, cheesy, and decadent with a toasty breadcrumb crust and black truffles layered throughout, you'll wish you could send this recipe to your younger self!
1. After you add your last ladle of broth, be sure to cook the risotto down to ‘Au Sec’ for the final time so it's the ideal texture once you add the dairy.
2. When sweating your shallots and toasting your rice, try to get little to no color.
3. Don't stop stirring! You may get tired, but I promise it's worth it—the more you stir, the creamier your risotto will be.
4. Always season to taste! Add as much or as little salt and acid as you prefer.
5. Feel free to add a purée of any of your favorite vegetables in place of the whipped cream for a lighter version of this dish. Spinach purée, butternut squash puree, and asparagus purée will all taste incredible!
6. This risotto tastes great with your favorite roast veggies. Or, you can wilt some tender greens like arugula, spinach, or pea tendrils directly into your finished risotto for added flavor!
Chef Jason McKinney got his start as Chef de Tournant at the Sea Island Resort in his home state of Georgia. He later moved to Napa to cook at the three Michelin-starred restaurant The French Laundry. While working as Chef de Partie and Poissonnier, Chef McKinney earned the famed restaurant’s prestigious Chef of the Year award. He co-founded Truffle Shuffle with the goal of arming people with the skills and knowledge to become master chefs in their kitchen.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your Video On Demand class, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.