1. Make a wide flour well (rather than a thin flour dam) so your eggs don't spill out. This will help keep things a bit cleaner, but don't panic if your eggs escape!
2. Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes to ensure a silky texture.
3. When blanching green vegetables, make sure the salted water is at a roaring boil and your ice bath is ready. Cooking vegetables quickly over high heat and immediately icing retains their color and maximizes their flavor.
4. Roll the dough thin enough to read a piece of paper through it—the pasta doubles in thickness when it cooks, so a thin, delicate dough will give your pasta a better texture in the end.
5. Always finish cooking your pasta in sauce. The pasta soaks up the sauce, its starch acts as a thickener, and the two meld together to become one delicious dish.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal