We're making a delicious smoked salmon quiche and a fresh lemony salad in this very fun cooking class! You’ll learn essential knife skills, how to blind bake a tart shell, and a great go-to recipe that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Click the links to the left for the recipe, shopping list, and culinary tips from the Chef for helpful tips & tricks before you get started.
(P.S. Don't forget to blind bake your shell in advance! Check out the homework video to learn how.)
1. Though spreading beans on your tart shell may seem odd, it’s super important! The beans act as a weight, keeping the shell from puffing and shrinking as it bakes.
2. Different parts of a home oven are hotter than others—make sure to rotate the quiche halfway through so it cooks evenly.
3. Don’t be afraid of a little jiggle: overcooking the quiche will result in dry eggs. Instead, bake until the edges are set, but it still wiggles a bit in the center.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure ingredients
2. Print and review step-by-step recipe.
3. Prepare mise en place
4. Review Culinary Tips from the Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal