1. After you add your last ladle of broth, be sure to cook the risotto down to ‘Au Sec’ for the final time so it's the ideal texture once you add the dairy.
2. When sweating your shallots and toasting your rice, try to get little to no color.
3. Don't stop stirring! You may get tired, but I promise it's worth it—the more you stir, the creamier your risotto will be.
4. Always season to taste! Add as much or as little salt and acid as you prefer.
5. Feel free to add a purée of any of your favorite vegetables in place of the whipped cream for a lighter version of this dish. Spinach purée, butternut squash puree, and asparagus purée will all taste incredible!
6.. This risotto tastes great with your favorite roast veggies. Or, you can wilt some tender greens like arugula, spinach, or pea tendrils directly into your finished risotto for added flavor!
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal