We're making a delicious, New York-style pizza with fresh heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and our signature truffle tomato sauce. You’ll learn essential knife skills, how to make pizza dough from scratch, and a great go-to pizza recipe (make sure to take your new skills and get creative with toppings for the future!). Click the links to the left for the recipe, shopping list, and culinary tips from the Chef for helpful tips & tricks before you get started.
(P.S. Don't forget to start your dough 24 hours before making your pizza! Check out the homework video to learn how.)
1. You need to knead! Kneading develops the gluten in your dough, which makes it stronger and better able to stretch as it rises.
2. When hydrating the yeast, make sure the water is warm, not hot or cold. Cold water doesn’t quite wake the yeast up, but hot water kills it!
3. Make sure to remove the dough from your refrigerator before class, so it has enough time to rest and relax. This will make it easier to stretch.
4. Don’t forget to move your oven rack before preheating! We want to mimic a wood-fired oven, and this ensures your pizza will cook at a higher temperature.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure ingredients
2. Print and review strep-by-step recipe.
3. Prepare mise en place
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal