1. Make sure your cast iron pan is ripping hot and don’t worry about cooking the meat through—we’re simply creating a seal to keep the tenderloin juicy and baking will take care of the rest.
2. Make sure to whisk constantly when making your beurre monté so that it’s well emulsified.
3. Mushrooms are little sponges—wash them quickly and never leave them soaking in water.
4. Avoid the temptation to immediately carve into your beautiful Wellington. You need to give it a moment to rest so it stays juicy (as an added bonus, this gives you time to take plenty of photos of your creation!!).
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure ingredients
2. Print and review step-by-step recipe.
3. Prepare mise en place
4. Review Culinary Tips from the Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal