Perfect for anyone looking to master the techniques of any great chef. Get ready for Chef Tyler to teach you how to expertly pan sear a steak and how to make sauce Bernaise, a derivative of one of the five “mother sauces” that are the backbone of French cuisine. Plus, a beautiful NY Strip steak, classic baked potato, and delicious tarragon truffle Bearnaise makes for one spectacular meal!
1. Choose your favorite cut, whether it’s T-Bone, bone-in Ribeye, or New York strip steak.
2. Quarter your potatoes sear them in the same pan you cooked your steak. This will add flavor and texture to your potatoes.
3. Add a couple dashes of hot sauce to your Bearnaise to add spice. When adding the melted clarified butter to the cooked eggs, start with a very small stream. Once the sauce gains more structure, you add the clarified butter in larger increments.
4. Make sure to season your steak liberally. Red meat can take quite a bit of salt.
5. As a rule of thumb, always rest your cooked meat for about half the time it took to cook. This allows the juices to settle and absorb back into the meat.
Chef Jason McKinney got his start as Chef de Tournant at the Sea Island Resort in his home state of Georgia. He later moved to Napa to cook at the three Michelin-starred restaurant The French Laundry. While working as Chef de Partie and Poissonnier, Chef McKinney earned the famed restaurant’s prestigious Chef of the Year award. He co-founded Truffle Shuffle with the goal of arming people with the skills and knowledge to become master chefs in their kitchen.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help.
1. Print shopping list and procure the ingredients from your local grocery store
2. Download, print and review the provided step-by-step recipe
3. Prepare your mise en place as indicated on the recipe
4. Review Notes From The Chef
5. Begin the video class and be ready to enjoy a delicious meal
If you have any questions about your VOD class, you can always email email@example.com.