- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to the simmer.
- Fill a sauce pot halfway with water, heat over medium heat to a simmer.
- Melt the clarified butter in a small pot. Set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and hollandaise reduction in the metal bowl.
- Place a metal bowl over the sauce pot with simmering water, whisking constantly.
- Take the bowl on and off the heat, whisking the whole time. Keep cooking the egg yolks in this manner until the yolks are thick and cooked.
- Remove the yolks from the heat.
- Using a ladle, slowly drizzle the clarified butter into the cooked yolks, whisking the entire time, until all of the butter is used. Season with lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- Split the English muffins and place them on the baking sheet, bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the white vinegar to the large pot of simmering water.
- Swirl the water and add all of the eggs, cook very gently for 3 minutes. Remove into a bowl with a little water.
- Take the hot English muffins out of the oven, place the salmon and spinach on top. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- Place the poached eggs on top, coat with the hollandaise sauce and your choice of caviar.
Enjoy with an ice-cold mimosa!!
* Class kits include the Hollandaise Reduction. To make it on your own, combine these ingredients in a pot and heat to reduce by half.
1/2c White wine
1/2c champagne vinegar
1/2 tsp black peppercorn
1 small shallot, sliced