Recipe a day
XL Truffle-Adoption FAQs
Thank you for using Trufflefinder! Owning and caring for a beautiful, aromatic Extra Large Perigord Truffle is one of the most rewarding, satisfying, and delicious decisions you’ll make in your lifetime, but it’s not one to be taken lightly. We’re here to help you every step of the way from “just looking” to living a very long and happy evening or two with your new family member!
See below for how to store, care for, and use your great big fungi friend. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How should I store my black truffle?
- To reduce moisture, wrap your truffle in unbleached paper towels and place in a small cloth bag or breathable container.
- Store in your refrigerator, changing the paper towels daily, until ready to use.
- Store with butter or eggs. This will allow truffle aroma to lightly infuse them, perfect for scrambled eggs, buttered toast, or basting meat and fish.
- Truffles last for 3-7 days when stored properly. Use ASAP!
How should I use my black truffle?
The beauty of fresh black truffles is they pack tons of flavor and, unlike their more delicate white counterparts, can hold their own with some heat. Some of our favorite ways to use them include:
- Fold them into a classic french risotto, then finish by shaving over top.
- Build a grilled cheese (minus any wet ingredients) and layer sliced black truffle within the shredded cheese. Set in your refrigerator under a heavy pan to infuse overnight.
- Shave over just about any savory dish for a fine dining flair, especially high quality cuts of meat and seafood.
- Shave and press under the skin of a whole chicken before roasting.
- Stir into stocks and sauces, like a Sauce Diane.
Is the Truffle I see on Trufflefinder still available for adoption?
If your truffle of choice is not marked as “Sold Out,” it is still available for adoption. Each truffle is a special creation with its own unique characteristics ready to be shaved and enjoyed to your heart’s desire. Being that we only source the highest quality truffles in the universe, we encourage you to check out the other truffles available for adoption if your first choice has already found its forever home.
Will my truffle change by the time I welcome them to their forever home?
Fresh truffles are a highly perishable, dynamic luxury product. We weigh and price each truffle adoptee daily to ensure accuracy and fair pricing, but you can expect your truffle to lose a small amount of weight on its way to your home.