Tuck's Truffle Breakfast Burrito (Of Glory)
Chef Tuck's recipe for the ultimate breakfast burrito can only be described as "maximalist:" spicy chorizo, black truffle, crispy potatoes, and plenty of hot sauce.
1 russet potato, peeled and finely diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
¼ bunch cilantro, chopped
½ bunch scallions, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 6 ounces chorizo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large (12-inch) flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded jack & cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Hot Sauce (optional)
In a medium mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, smoked paprika, red chili flakes, Aleppo pepper, and a healthy pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
In a large mixing bowl, whip the eggs, then season with Balinese Truffle Salt.
In a large saute pan over medium high heat, heat half of the canola oil.
Add the chorizo and stir until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the remaining canola oil. Add the spiced potato and cook until GBD (Golden Brown and Delicious, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the scallions, stir, and turn off the heat.
- In a non-stick pan over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the eggs and continue stirring until softly scrambled.
- Open a tortilla and layer with sour cream. Top with cheese.
Add half of the chorizo, potatoes, eggs, avocado, Truffle Carpaccio, and cilantro.
- Finish your favorite hot sauce! How spicy can you go???
- Return the non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
Wrap the burrito, then sear in the non-stick pan on medium high until GBD on both sides, about 3 minutes total. Repeat with the second burrito.
Plate the burrito, adding more sour cream, hot sauce, and chopped cilantro/scallions as desired. Happy brunching!!!!