We love our Hestan Copper Bonded Essential to prepare this recipe you can blanch the pasta, make the sauce and fry the bites all in the same pan!
Truffle Mac N Cheese Bites
- 1 box Rao’s Macaroni Noodles
- 1 Cup Mozzarella-Diced
- 1 Cup Parmesan-Grated
- 1 Cup Cowgirl Creamery Mt Tam-Grated
- 2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Truffle Shuffle Truffle Oil
- Truffle Shuffle Truffle Salt
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Box of Potato Flakes
- Sir Kensington Mayonnaise
- Scallion for Garnish
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Fresh Truffles if you are taking New Years all the way!
- Salt to season
- Bring water to a boil, lightly season with Truffle Salt. The water should taste like the ocean.
- Once boiling add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Drain and reserve.
- Clean pan and add cream. Bring cream to boil and slowly add each cheese.
- Once all cheese is incorporated and melted, add the pasta back in. Mix completely.
- Add a touch of Truffle Oil and season with Truffle Salt.
- Once all the pasta is covered in cheesey, truffley goodness, then it's time to chill the mac and cheese.
- Transfer the mac and cheese to a parchment-lined pie tin and put in the fridge for one hour.
- Clean the pan and add 4 cups of vegetable oil and bring to 350 degrees F.
- Take the mac and cheese out and dice into 1” cubes. Batter the cubes in egg and potato flakes. Make sure that they are thoroughly battered.
- Pan fry in the vegetable oil until golden brown. You will need to flip them to get the color even all around.
- Once the mac and cheese bites are cooked and crispy, drain on a paper towel.
- Slice scallion and reserve for garnish.
- Prepare a quick truffle aioli for garnish or dipping by combining mayo with a touch of Truffle Oil and Truffle Salt.
- Place a drop of the truffle aioli on each mac and cheese bite, add scallions.
- Season with Truffle Salt
- Microplane fresh truffle to finish.