August in California is the height of tomato season and a slice of ripe tomato is perfectly elevated with our Balinese Truffle Salt. We took that idea one step down the road and put together this simple recipe for a fantastic caprese salad.
1. To make the pesto, first place the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, and red wine vinegar in a food processor.
2. Blend ingredients together and emulsify in the olive oil. Season to taste with Balinese Truffle Salt.
3. Slice the heirloom tomatoes into rounds and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
4. Slice the mozzarella into rounds as well.
5. Plate the caprese by starting with a slice of heirloom tomato and topping it with the mozzarella; repeat until it looks just right.
6. Place the halved cherry tomatoes along the salad.
7. Dress the salad with the pesto.
8. Garnish the salad with basil leaves, an extra drizzle of olive oil, a couple cracks of black pepper, and a sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt.
9. Enjoy an elevated version of the classic caprese!