Spaghetti and Wagyu Meatballs with Fresh Burgundy Truffles
- 1 lb Ground Wagyu Beef*
- 1 ea Egg*
- ¼ Onion*
- ⅓ cup Panko
- ¼ bunch Parsley*
- ⅛ tsp Dried Oregano
- ⅛ tsp Dried Chili
- 2 oz Milk*
- 24 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 oz Parmesan*
- Fresh Burgundy Truffle*
- 10 oz Spaghetti
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Medium Pot
- Mixing Bowl
- Kosher Salt
- Pan Spray
- Large Pot
- Cheese Grater / Microplane
- Sheet Tray lined with Aluminum Foil, sprayed with pan spray
Mise en Place
- Fill the large pot with water and cover with a lid, heat over medium-low heat.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Add the beef, panko, milk and egg in the mixing bowl.
- Peel and finely mince the onion, add it to the bowl along with the beef mixture.
- Grate half of the parmesan, and all of the Burgundy Truffle; add it to the bowl.
- Chop the parsley and add it to the bowl.
- Chop the chili flake and dried oregano, add it to the bowl as well.Season the meatball mix with Balinese Truffle Salt and mix with your hands until homogenous.
- Form into meatballs and place them onto the sheet tray.
How to Cook
- Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and transfer them to the medium pot. Cover with the marinara sauce and bring to the simmer.
- Turn heat down to a gentle simmer and continue to cook meatballs for about 20 minutes.
- Lightly season the large pot of water with kosher salt and add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, for 9 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and plate. Top with the meatballs and sauce and generously grate truffle pecorino all over the top! Enjoy!