Soft Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Trout Roe
- 6 ea Large Eggs
- 1 oz Butter (for toasting Brioche)
- 1 oz Butter (for Eggs)
- 2-3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 oz Smoked Trout Roe
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 4 slices La Boulangerie Croissant Brioche
- 1 bunch Chives
- Cutting Board
- Small Whisk
- 11” non-stick Pan
- 2 qt Pot
- Small Bowl
- Paper Towel
- Sheet Tray lined with Aluminum Foil
Mise en Place
- Remove eggs from the cold and allow them to temper.
- Finely slice the chives, place them in a bowl and cover with a wet paper towel.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
How To Cook
- Heat the 1 oz butter (for toasting brioche) in the non-stick pan over medium-low heat until foamy.
- Toast the brioche slices on both sides, remove from the pan and place them on the sheet tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Crack three eggs into the small bowl and whisk with a fork; season with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Place the beaten eggs into the 2qt pot, add ½ of butter (for eggs) to the 3 eggs and place over medium-low heat.
- Place the toast in the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until the curds are small and soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add a spoonful of sour cream and the previously chopped portion of Truffle Carpaccio.
- Plate the soft scrambled eggs with two slices of toast.
- Garnish the eggs with slices of Truffle Carpaccio and Smoked Trout Roe, finish with chives and a touch more Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Clean 2 qt pot before repeating with the other three eggs and eat!