S'mores Cookie Sandwiches with Homemade No-Churn Ice Cream
The perfect ice cream sandwich for summer!
100 grams (2 cups) mini marshmallows
226 grams (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 9 Graham Crackers
250 grams (1¾ cups) all purpose flour
- 7 grams (1½ teaspoon) baking soda
- 7 grams (1 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 226 grams (1¼ cup) dark brown sugar
- 56 grams (¼ cup) honey
- 10 grams (2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
2 large eggs (about 125 grams)
- 250 grams (2 cups) dark chocolate chips or shards
- 225 grams (¾ cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 450 grams (2 cups) heavy cream
Turn your oven to broil.
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, scatter 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Broil until GBD (Golden Brown and Delicious), about 1-3 minutes, keeping an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Remove the toasted marshmallows from your oven and set aside to cool. Turn your oven to 350F.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, brown the butter, stirring constantly until small brown specks appear and it takes on a toasty aroma.
- Using a rolling pin, smash 5 of the graham crackers in a ziplock bag until they resemble coarse sand.
To make the cookies
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, graham cracker crumbs, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the browned butter, brown sugar, honey, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs into the brown butter mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Using a spatula or spoon, fold in the flour mixture.
- Lightly crush the remaining 4 graham crackers. Mix into the flour mixture, along with the dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop into dough balls and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Lightly press to flatten slightly.
- Bake, rotating half way through, until golden brown, about 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and set aside to cool.
To make the ice cream
In a medium bowl, whisk together 225g (¾ cups) of sweetened condensed milk and the toasted marshmallows.
- In a large bowl, whip the pint of cream to soft peaks. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture into the vanilla cream.
- Transfer to a 9x9-inch baking dish or a loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Place one cookie upside down on your work surface.
- Scoop a large scoop of the ice cream onto the cookie.
- Top with another cookie and dig in!! Enjoy every last bite of that handmade S’mores Cookie Sandwich!!!