Chef Jeremy's 30 Days of Gay + Rainbow Sugar Cookie Recipe! 🌈
It's officially Pride Month!
To celebrate, Chef Jeremy has begun his #30DaysofGay challenge: he's posting a new rainbow pastry every day in June! Follow along with his colorfully creative creations here.
Jeremy chose these sugar cookies to kick off his 30-day pastry challenge, and they may just take the lead for fan-favorite come July: they're so much fun to make, so simple yet impressive looking, and so delicious.
We'll be cooking these cookies in our Pride Cookie & Cocktail class to benefit The Trevor Project! Join the party here, or check out the recipe below!
-Truffle Shuffle Team
Rainbow Sugar Cookies 🌈
Cook Time 🍳
The perfect cookies to celebrate Pride! These colorful cookies are simple enough to make in a pinch with ingredients you likely have on-hand, yet striking enough to impress.
226g (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g (1 cup) sugar
5g (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
320g (2 cups) all purpose flour
40g (⅓ cup) corn starch
40g (⅓ cup) cake flour
3g (½ teaspoons) baking powder
3g (½ teaspoon) salt
Red, orange, yellow, blue, green, and purple food dye
1 egg white
Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a large mixing bowl, use a rubber spatula or large spoon to combine both sticks of butter and 1 cup of the sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add the all purpose flour, corn starch, cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until the dough is well combined.
Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each dough ball and knead the dough to incorporate the coloring. Do this with all the colors of the rainbow! I recommend using gloves so your hands don’t get a tie dye effect!
On a small sheet of parchment paper, place a dough ball and begin flattening into a rectangle. Once flattened, place a flat chopstick on each side of the dough and use a rolling pin to roll into a rough rectangular shape. The chopsticks will help create an even thickness of dough. Once the first piece of dough is rolled out, repeat this process on a new sheet of parchment paper for each piece of dough. Place each layer in the fridge as you roll it out.
- Once all 6 are rolled out, begin stacking. Starting with red, brush the top of the dough with egg white. Place the sheet or orange dough on top of the red dough and press lightly to secure. Repeat this process with the yellow, green, blue, and purple dough sheets.
Once all layered, wrap with plastic and freeze until firm (or at least 15 minutes)
- Slice the edges of the dough to square off, making sure all of the colors are showing. Slice into small rectangular cookies.
Bake for 10 minutes, cool, and enjoy!!!
Leave a comment