Pan-Seared NY Strip Steak
- 14 oz NY Strip Steak*
- 2 tbsp Butter*
- 1 clove Garlic*
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 3 sprigs Thyme*
- Cutting Board
- Large Saute Pan
- Large Spoon
- Paper Towel
Mise en Place
- Take out the steak, remove from the packaging.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature on a plate to temper.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat.
- Season the steak with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Add the canola oil to the pan. Right before the oil begins to smoke, add the steak to the pan.
- While cooking over high heat, flip the steak every 30 seconds. Keep flipping the steak every 30 seconds for about 2-3 minutes for a solid medium rare. If you would like your steak cooked more or less, simply increase or decrease the amount of cooking time.
- Right before the steak is finished, add the butter to the pan. Smash the garlic clove and add it top the pan along with the thyme. With your spoon, baste the steak for about one minute.
- Remove the steak from the pan and rest it on your cutting board. Top with garlic and thyme.
- Slice the steak, sprinkle a little Balinese Truffle Salt on top to finish and enjoy!