Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Truffle-Chicken Jus
Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Truffle Chicken Jus
- 2 ea Mary’s chicken breast
- 2 oz Canola oil
- 1 ea Maitake Mushrooms
- 1 ea Shallot
- 4 oz Truffle chicken jus*
- 1 oz Butter
- 1 bunch Tarragon
- 1 bunch Chives
- 1 ea Lemon
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- For the Truffle Jus
- 4 cups Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Black truffle, chopped
- To taste Balinese Truffle Salt
- Cutting board
- Large sauté pan, oven safe
- Large spoon
- Plate Paper towel
- 2 qt Sauce pot
- Cheese grater or micro plane
Mise en Place
- ***Just before, take out the chicken breasts, remove from the packaging, dry with paper towels, and allow it to sit at room temperature on a plate to temper.***
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Slice the tarragon and chives, we will need 1 ½ tablespoons of each for the recipe.
- Finely mince 1 ½ tablespoons of shallot.
- Season the chicken breasts with Balinese Truffle Salt on all sides.
- Add the canola oil to the pan. Right before the oil begins to smoke, add the chicken to the pan skin side down.
- Continue cooking the chicken for 1 minute. Add the mushroom to the pan as well, cut side down.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook the chicken for about 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the butter in the sauce pot over medium low heat. Add the shallots and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt and cook until tender.
- Add the chicken jus to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover and keep the sauce in a warm place.
- Remove the pot from the heat, zest the lemon and add it to the sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to rest, skin side up, for about 5 minutes.
- Finish the sauce with the sliced herbs. Adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt and lemon juice.
- Carve the chicken breast and plate alongside the roasted mushrooms. Cover the dish with the lemon-herb sauce and enjoy!!
How to Prepare the Truffle Jus
- Place the beef broth into a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and gently simmer the stock until there is about ½ cup of liquid left and it’s thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, add the chopped truffle and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt to taste.
Note from the Chef 👩🍳
Want to take your dishes to next level with a step-by-step video instruction? We have on demand classes that feature dishes you never knew you could make at home. Click here! Interested in a private event with truffle shuffle? Click here to learn more.
More from: Chicken Pan Roasted Chicken Breast Recipes Truffle Jus
Leave a comment