Recipe a day
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
1. Peel and thinly slice 1 garlic clove.
2. In a large pot on medium-low heat, stir together the sliced garlic with 3 tablespoons of the canola oil until the garlic has softened.
3. Add the rice and toast, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in one can of tomatoes, along with ¾ cup water. Turn the heat to low, cover, and allow to gently simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Taste your rice. If it’s still a bit crunchy, add a splash more water and continue to cook until tender. When it’s cooked to your desired tenderness, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.