Lemon Ricotta Gnocchi with Truffle and Brown Butter Sage Sauce
You'll become a master in your kitchen, learning how to make fresh lemon ricotta gnocchi and a brown butter truffle sage sauce.
- (*Please keep refrigerated before class)
- 12 oz Ricotta*
- 3 ea Egg Yolks*
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese*
- 3 oz Butter*
- 8-10 Sage Leaves*
- 1 ea Lemon
- 1 cup 00 Flour (Reserve ¼ cup Flour)
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- Cutting Board
- Knife or Bench Scraper
- Large Pan
- Large Pot with Lid
- Cheese Grater or Microplane
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Sheet Tray
- Parchment Paper or Foil
- Wooden Spoon
- ¼ cup Measuring Cup
- Paper Towel / Tea towel
- Slotted Spoon
Mise en Place
Night before the class
- Line a strainer with a paper towel/tea towel.
- Add the ricotta on top and place in a strainer, place over a bowl, and drain overnight in the refrigerator.
Prep During Class
- Put a pot of water, filled about 1 inch from the top, on the stove to boil.In a bowl, mix the drained ricotta, egg yolks, grated parmesan, zest of 1 lemon, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Reserve ¼ cup of 00 flour, set to the side (this will be our “bench flour”).
- Slowly incorporate the flour into the mixture until the texture resembles play doh.
- Lightly dust the work surface, hands, and sheet tray lined with wax paper or foil with bench flour.
- Transfer dough from bowl to dusted work surface, and form into a disc.
- Cut the dough disc into 6 even wedges. Roll each wedge into a rope ¾” thick.
- Use a knife or bench scraper to cut knuckle sized pieces.
- Transfer cut gnocchi onto prepared sheet tray.Roll and cut the remainder of the dough to resemble little pillows.
How to Cook
- Melt butter until golden brown in a shallow pan. Add sage leaves and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Add a pinch of salt to the large pot of boiling water and blanch the gnocchi for about 1 minute, or until all gnocchi are floating.
- Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon, and place into the large pan with the brown butter sage sauce.
- Toss gnocchi and brown butter sauce with the Truffle Carpaccio and fresh lemon juice.
- Plate attractively with the sage leaves. If desired, sprinkle lightly with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!