Chef Connie's Corn, Ricotta, & Truffle Ravioli
- 1½ cups 00 flour
- ½ cup semolina flour
- 3 whole eggs (divided)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 12 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 1 ounce Parmesan
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Balinese Truffle Salt (or substitute kosher salt)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ bunch chives
Fill a large pot with water, cover, and place on your stove over low heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the 00 and semolina flour. Set aside ½ cup for bench flour.
- Lay the remaining flour onto your countertop and form a well in the center. Add 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the center of the well. Use a fork to whisk, then use your index finger to slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs. Use a knife or bench scraper to bring the eggs and flour together.
- Form the dough into a shaggy ball and knead for 5-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest.
- Dice the shallot. Mince the garlic. Slice the chives.
Husk the corn and slice the kernels off the cobbs (save both).
- To make the corn stock, place the cobbs in a small sauce pot and just barely cover with water. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, then strain over a large bowl.
- In a large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter until foamy. Add the shallots and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, then add the corn kernels and saute until softened, 1-2 minutes. Season with Balines Truffle Salt.
- Whisk the remaining egg in a small bowl.
- To make the ricotta farce, stir together the ricotta and ¾ of the whisked egg (reserve the remaining egg for egg wash) in a large mixing bowl. Add to the corn mixture, along with a fresh grating of black pepper and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Grate in ½ of the Parmesan, stir to combine, and set aside in your refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough into a very thin sheet, using the bench flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle the parchment paper-lined sheet tray with bench flour.
Scoop large spoonfuls of ricotta farce onto the center of the dough. Brush with a thin layer of egg wash, fold, press, and trim to form the raviolis. Set aside the formed raviolis on the floured sheet tray.
In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, stir together ¼ cup of corn stock and 4 tablespoons of butter until the butter has melted and the two have combined. Season with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Lightly season the boiling water with kosher salt. Add the raviolis and cook for 2 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to transfer to the pan with the corn stock and butter, along with ½ cup of the pasta’s cooking water.
- Turn the heat to medium and gently stir until a nice glaze forms and the raviolis are al dente, about 1 minute.
- Using a peeler, slice on Parmesan shards and top with black pepper. Plate the raviolis, spooning plenty of sauce over top. Finish with a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt and sliced chives. Dig in!!