White Truffle Risotto
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 2 oz Ladle
- 11” Straight-sided Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Cheese Grater
- 2 qt Sauce Pot
- 1 c Measuring Cup
- Truffle Shaver or Microplane
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cup Broth*
- 1 oz Parmesan*
- 1 cup Carnaroli Rice
- 1 ½ cup Water
- Fresh White Truffle*
- ½ c White Wine
- 1 oz White Truffle Butter*
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 ea Shallot
- ½ cup Heavy Cream*
- 1 tsp Champagne Vinegar
Prep During the Class
- Heat the broth and water to the boil in the 2 qt pot, set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Peel and finely mince the shallot.
How to Cook
- Sweat the shallot in olive oil over low heat, season lightly with Balinese Truffle Salt, cook until translucent and tender without any color.
- Add the rice and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the rice has a toasty aroma but no color.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, increase heat to medium-high, cook until all of the wine has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add one ladle of hot stock to the pan.
- Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, stirring constantly. Repeat this process until there is only ¼ cup of stock left.
- Turn down to low heat and add the white truffle butter, whipped cream, and Parmesan cheese. Stir until homogenous.
- Add a couple drops of Champagne vinegar to heighten the taste.
- Adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Make it rain white truffles all over the risotto and enjoy the experience!!