Truffle Tortellini en Brodo
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 2 oz Ladle
- ¼ cup Measuring Cup
- Cloth Napkin / Tea Towel
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet
- 2 qt Pot
- Large Pot
- Slotted Spoon
- Peeler or Truffle Shaver
- Medium Mixing Bowl
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- ¼ cup 00 Flour
- ½ cup Semolina
- 2 ea Eggs*
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 7 oz Ricotta Farce*
- 2 ea Egg Yolks*
- 16 oz Chicken Broth*
- 1 ea Shallot
- 1 ea Egg, for egg wash*
- 1 oz Parmesan Rind*
- 3 sprig Thyme*
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese*
- 1 clove Garlic*
- 6 ea Black Peppercorns
- 1 oz Dried Mushrooms
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio*
Prep During the Class
- Fill the large pot with water and cover with a lid, heat over medium-low heat.
- Peel and dice the shallot, crush the garlic with the palm of your hand.
- Place the diced shallot, Parmesan rind, thyme, crushed garlic, and peppercorns in the 2 qt pot. Add all of the broth to the pot and bring to a simmer. Continue simmering lightly while preparing the rest of the dish. This is the mushroom brodo.
- Combine flour and semolina in a bowl and mix together. Remove ¼ cup for bench flour.
- Lay the flour and semolina mix out onto a countertop and form a well in the center.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks, and olive oil into the center of the well. Mix with a fork.
- Using your index finger, slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs; form into a shaggy ball.
- Knead the dough for 5-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest.
- Roll the dough out into a very thin sheet, dampen the napkin and lay over the pasta sheet.
- Cut the pasta into small rounds and form the tortellinis, transfer to a dusted baking sheet.
How to Cook
- Adjust the seasoning of the brodo with Balinese Truffle Salt. Strain into another pot or bowl and keep hot.
- Lightly season the pot of boiling water with salt and cook the tortellini for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the tortellini from the pot and plate them in your perfect serving bowl.
- Using a ladle, ladle some of the mushroom brodo on top of the tortellinis.
- Shave some Parmesan cheese over the tortellinis and top with Truffle Carpaccio.
- Add one last sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt and dig in!