Recipe a day
Sweet Pea Ravioli
Sweet Pea Ravioli
Master the technique of making pasta dough from scratch, assemble a sweet pea, mint, and mascarpone filling, and form ravioli by hand.
- 1 ¼ c 00 flour
- 2 ea Eggs
- ½ T Olive oil
- 2 ea Egg yolks
- 1 ea Egg, for egg wash
- 1 bag Sweet English peas
- 1 ea Lemon
- 1 oz Parmesan
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 ea Mascarpone cheese
- 3 oz Butter
- 1 bunch Mint
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- Cutting board
- Knife Fork
- Large pot with lid
- ½ c Measuring cup
- Rolling pin
- Sheet tray
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Cheese grater
- Kitchen towel
- Kosher salt
- Large saute pan
- Slotted spoon
- Pastry brush
Mise en Place
- Fill the large pot with water, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil.
- Open the bag of 00 flour and remove ½ cup for bench flour.Lay the rest of the flour onto the countertop and form a well in the center.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks, and olive oil into the center of the well. Mix with a fork.
- Using your index finger, slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs; form into a shaggy ball.
- Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest.
- Season the boiling water with kosher salt and blanch the peas until tender and bright green.
- Drain the peas and chill them in an ice bath to cool.Fill the large pot back up with water and bring back to a boil for the pasta.
- Once cold, drain the peas and transfer them to the mixing bowl, save ¼ cup for garnish.
- Crush the peas with the back of a fork and add the mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons of chopped mint, lemon zest, and grate in half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix everything together and adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Transfer to the fridge.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Roll the dough out into a very thin sheet with the rolling pin. Follow along to form raviolis like a pro!!
- Place 3 oz of butter into the large sauté pan and heat over medium low heat.
- Add the sliced garlic and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt and gently sauté, without color, until soft.
- Lightly season the boiling water with kosher salt and cook the raviolis for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the raviolis into the pan with the garlic butter along with ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Turn the heat up to medium and braise the raviolis until al dente.
- Remove the pan from the heat, grate in the rest of the Parmesan cheese, add the reserved peas, and adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Plate up the raviolis and top them with some torn mint, a few slices of Truffle Carpaccio, a final touch of that Balinese Truffle Salt, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Dig in!!