Recipe a day
Cacio e Pepe Ravioli
Cacio e Pepe Ravioli
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Saute Pan
- Large Pot
- Slotted Spoon
- ¼ Measuring Cup
- Rolling Pin
- Plastic Wrap
- Pastry Brush
- Cheese Grater or Microplane
- Kosher Salt
- Sheet Tray lined with Parchment Paper
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 1 ½ cup 00 Flour
- ½ cup Semolina
- 2 ea Eggs*
- 2 ea Egg Yolks*
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 ea Egg, for Egg Wash*
- Ricotta Farce*
- 2 oz Olive Oil, for Sauce
- 1 packet Kampot Pepper
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 2 oz Butter*
- 1 ea Shallot
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese
Prep During Class
- Fill the large pot with water, cover, and place on the stove over low heat.
- Combine flour and semolina in a bowl and mix together. Remove ¼ cup for bench flour.
- Lay the flour and semolina mix out onto a countertop and form a well in the center.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks, and olive oil into the center of the well. Mix with a fork.
- Using your index finger, slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs; form into a shaggy ball.
- Knead the dough for 5-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest.
- Finely mince the shallot.
- Finely chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Roll out half of the dough into a very thin sheet.
- Create the raviolis by placing a small amount of ricotta farce onto the sheet of pasta, brushing the pasta with egg wash, and folding the dough over to form the raviolis.
- Place the raviolis onto the sheet tray lined with parchment paper sprinkled with a little bench flour.
How to Cook
- Heat the olive oil and butter in the large saute pan over medium low heat. Cook the shallot until soft and without color; season with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Lightly season the boiling water and cook the raviolis for 2 minutes. Transfer the raviolis to the pan with the cooked shallots.
- Add ½ cup of pasta cooking water to the pan with the raviolis and cook them over medium heat for a minute or until a nice glaze forms and the raviolis are al dente. Finish the sauce with the chopped Truffle carpaccio.
- Plate the raviolis and cover with the sauce. Finish the raviolis with the Kampot peppercorns, grated Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt. Top with Truffle Carpaccio all over the top and dig in!