Truffle Wagyu Cheeseburger with Steak Fries
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 2 ea Large Saute Pans
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Metal Spatula
- Pan Spray
- 1 small Tray for Broiling
- 2 ea Baking Sheet lined with Aluminum Foil
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 1 lb Ground Wagyu Beef*
- 4 oz Truffled Cheese Spread*
- 1 ea Sweet Onion
- 2 ea La Boulangerie Brioche Buns
- 4 oz Chef Darryl Bell’s 816 BBQ Sauce*
- 2 oz Butter*
- 2 oz Canola Oil
- 1 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 oz Honey
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- Russet Potato
Prep During Class
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Wash the potato and cut it into steak fries. Toss the cut potatoes with half of canola oil and a sprinkle of truffle salt.
- Spray the sheet trays lined with aluminum with pan spray and transfer the potatoes onto the trays. Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.
- Remove the beef from the package and form into two 8 oz hamburger patties.
- Peel the sweet onion and cut into julienne.
How to Cook
- Take half of the butter and melt in the saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the julienned onions into the pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until caramelized.
- Season onions with truffle salt, add vinegar & honey mix, and cook over medium heat until jammy.
- Heat the other saute pan over high heat and add the rest of the canola oil. Heat until the oil begins to smoke.
- Add the burger patties and cook until brown, flip the burger and cook to medium-rare. Clean the pan.
- Check the steak fries, if they’re finished, remove them from the oven and reheat right before serving.
- Remove the burgers from the pan, place on the baking sheet, top with the truffle cheese mix, and place in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Heat the clean pan over medium and add the other half of the butter. Add buns and toast until golden brown.
- Reheat the steak fries in the oven, remove from the oven and toss with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Build the burger, add the caramelized onions, cover with Chef Darryl’s BBQ sauce and devour with the truffle fries!