Truffle Wagyu Cheeseburger with Truffle Kettle Corn
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 2 ea Large Saute Pans
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Sheet Tray lined with Aluminum Foil
- Metal Spatula
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 1 lb Ground Wagyu Beef*
- 4 oz Truffled Cheese Spread*
- 1 ea Sweet Onion
- 2 ea La Boulangerie Brioche Buns
- 4 oz Chef Darryl Bell’s 816 BBQ Sauce*
- 2 oz Butter*
- 1 oz Canola Oil
- 1 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 oz Honey
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 2 bags Truffle Kettle Corn
Prep During Class
- Remove the beef from the package and form into two 8 oz hamburger patties.
- Peel the sweet onion and cut into julienne.
How to Cook
- Take half of the butter and melt in the saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add the julienned onions into the pan and cook over medium high heat, stirring, until caramelized.
- Season onions with truffle salt, add vinegar and honey mix, and cook over medium high heat until jammy.
- Heat the other saute pan over high heat and add the canola oil. Heat until the oil begins to smoke.
- Add the burger patties and cook until brown, flip the burger and cook to medium-rare. Clean the pan.
- Turn on the broiler.
- Remove the burgers from the pan, place on the baking sheet, top with the truffle cheese mix, and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Heat the clean pan over medium and add the other half of the butter. Add buns and toast until golden brown.
- Build the burger, add the caramelized onions, cover with Chef Darryl’s BBQ sauce and devour with the Truffle Kettle Corn!