Rack of Lamb with Roasted Carrots and Truffle Polenta
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- Large Saute Pan, oven safe
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Mesh Strainer
- 2 qt Pot with Lid
- Paper Towels
- Pan Spray
- Small Pot
- Sheet Tray lined with Aluminum Foil
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 1 ea Rack of Lamb*
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 2 oz Canola Oil
- 2 bunch Sweet Carrots*
- 1 sprig Rosemary*
- 1 oz Sultanas
- 1 oz Butter*
- 1 oz Preserved Lemon*
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 oz Mascarpone*
- 1 pint Milk*
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- ½ cup Anson Mills Polenta
- 2 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
Prep the Night Before the Class
- Take the lamb out of the packaging, pat it dry with paper towels, and allow the lamb to sit uncovered in the fridge overnight to help dry out the fat.
Prep During the Class
30 minutes before the class begins, take out the lamb and allow it to sit at room temperature on a plate to temper.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the polenta in the mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water.
- Transfer the rinsed polenta into the 2 qt pot, cover with the milk, and season lightly with Truffle Salt.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to a light simmer on medium heat, whisking from time to time. Reduce the heat to low, cover half way, and continue to cook for about 45 minutes. Make sure to check the pot and whisk from time to time to prevent the polenta from sticking.
- Crush the garlic clove and place it in the small pot with the olive oil. Warm gently and set aside.
- Wash and trim the carrots.
- Chop the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Finely chop the sultanas, preserved lemon, and rosemary and mix with the garlic oil with a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- This is the preserved lemon vinaigrette.
- Trim the lamb of any additional fat.
How to Cook
- Toss the carrots in a mixing bowl with half of the canola oil and a sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Transfer the carrots to the sheet pan sprayed with pan spray and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Liberally season the lamb rack with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Heat the canola oil in the large saute pan over high heat until right before smoking.
- Sear the lamb on all sides until well browned. Flip the lamb over and place the lamb in the pan into the oven.
- Continue cooking the lamb for about 12-15 minutes, basting from time to time.
- Once the lamb is cooked, remove the lamb from the oven and allow it to rest on the cutting board
- To finish the polenta, add the butter, mascarpone, and the chopped Truffle Carpaccio; whisk to combine.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and toss in a bowl with some of the preserved lemon vinaigrette.
- Carve the lamb and plate it alongside the roasted sweet carrots and truffle polenta. Top the lamb with the preserved lemon vinaigrette and a final sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt. Enjoy!!