Truffled Maine Lobster Roll and Truffle White Cheddar Kettle Corn
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowls
- Large nonstick Pan
- Paper Towel
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- ½ lb Lobster meat, cooked*
- 1 ea Shallot
- 1 tsp Champagne Vinegar*
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon Mustard*
- 3 ea Egg Yolks*
- 1 ea Lemon
- 1 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 oz Butter*
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 2 ea Brioche Buns
- 1 bunch Chives
- 2 bags Truffle White Cheddar Kettle Corn
How to Make
- Slice the chives and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Peel the shallot and finely mince 1 tbsp. Add it to the mixing bowl.
- Trim the sides of the brioche buns.
- Add the egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, zest of 1 whole lemon, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt to the bowl, whisk to combine.
- Very slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil while whisking to create the aioli.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio and add it to the aioli, adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt and a little lemon juice.
- Add the lobster meat to a mixing bowl and add enough aioli as desired, reserve any extra aioli for future delicious recipes.
- Heat the nonstick pan over medium heat, add the butter, and heat until foamy.
- Add the brioche buns to the pan and toast both sides.
- To plate, split the lobster salad evenly between the buns, top with the sliced chives. Drizzle with a little lemon juice and enjoy with a bag of Truffle White Cheddar Kettle Corn!