Salmon en Papillote with Australian Black Truffle Beurre Blanc
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 2 qt pot
- Paper Towel
- 1 tbsp Measuring Spoon
- 12x16” Sheet Tray
- 2 6 oz portions Ora King Salmon
- ⅔ lb Yellow Wax Beans
- 1 ea Goldbar Squash
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 ea Lemon
- 1/4 bunch Tarragon
- 1 bunch Chives
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- 1 ea Shallot
- 3 oz Australian Black Truffle Butter
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 oz Cream
- 2 sheets Parchment Paper
- ¾ cup White Wine, reserve 4 tbsp for cooking the Salmon
Prep During the Class
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Cut wax beans into 1” pieces, halve the cherry tomatoes, and slice the squash.
- Slice 6 thin slices of lemon and reserve the rest of the lemon to season the beurre blanc.
- Peel and finely mince the shallot.
- Slice the chives and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Dice the Australian Black Truffle Butter and place in the fridge.
- Cut the parchment paper into a very large heart shape.
How to Cook
- On one piece of parchment paper, place half of the squash, beans, and tomatoes in a small pile, and add 3 sprigs of tarragon.
- Place one portion of salmon on top and season with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Lay 3 slices of lemon and drizzle half of the olive oil on top.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of white wine on to the salmon as well.
- Fold the parchment paper over and crease the sides to form a beautiful little packet. Place on one side of the sheet tray.
- Repeat this process with the remaining salmon ingredients.
- Place in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes.
For the Sauce
- Place the minced shallots and remaining white wine in the 2 qt pot, heat over medium high heat and boil until au sec.
- Add the cream to the pot and cook over medium heat to a glaze.
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the diced truffle butter, one piece at a time.
- Season with Balinese Truffle Salt and lemon juice. Finish the sauce with sliced chives.
- Carefully open the parchment, cover with sauce, and enjoy!