Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 2 qt Pot
- 2 Metal Mixing Bowls
- Large Pot
- Small Pot
- Slotted Spoon
- Plastic Wrap
- Microplane or Zester
- Sheet Tray lined with Aluminum Foil
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 4 ea Eggs, pasture raised*
- 4 ea Egg yolks*
- 1 ½ oz Hollandaise reduction*
- 4 oz Clarified Butter*
- 2 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- English muffins
- 1 pack Smoked Salmon*
- 1 ea Lemon
- 1 bag Spinach*
- 1 oz Smoked Trout Roe*
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
Prep During the Class
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to the simmer.
- Fill the 2 qt pot halfway with water, heat over medium heat to a simmer.
- Melt the clarified butter in a small pot. Set aside.
How to Cook
- Place the egg yolks and hollandaise reduction in the metal bowl.
- Place a metal bowl over the sauce pot with simmering water, whisking constantly.
- Take the bowl on and off the heat, whisking the whole time. Keep cooking the egg yolks in this manner until the yolks are thick and cooked.
- Remove the yolks from the heat.
- Using a ladle, slowly drizzle the clarified butter into the cooked yolks, whisking the entire time, until all of the butter is used. Season with lemon zest, lemon juice, and Balinese Truffle Salt. Cover the bowl of hollandaise with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place while finishing the recipe.
- Split the English muffins and place them on the baking sheet, bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the white vinegar to the large pot of simmering water.
- Swirl the water and add all of the eggs, cook for 3 minutes. Remove the poached eggs into a bowl with a little water.
- Take the hot English muffins out of the oven, place the salmon and spinach on top. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- Place the poached eggs on top, coat with the hollandaise sauce and smoked trout roe. Enjoy!!