French Omelette with Mushrooms & Truffles
Mise en Place
- Cutting board
- 11” Non-stick Pan
- Medium Bowl
- Small Spatula
- Paper Towels
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 6 ea Large Eggs, Pasture Raised*
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- ½ lb Wild Mushrooms*
- 4 oz Cypress Grove Goat Cheese*
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio*
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 2 oz Butter*
- 1 clove of Garlic*
- 2 sprigs of Thyme*
Prep During Class
- Fill the bowl with warm water and wash the mushrooms. Drain them and set them on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cut the mushrooms into bite-size pieces.
How to Cook
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in the non-stick pan.
- Add the wild mushrooms and saute until lightly caramelized, season with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Finish the mushrooms with Truffle Carpaccio, set aside. Clean the pan.
- Crack three eggs into the bowl, add one half eggshell of water, and whisk with a fork.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add half the butter, allow it to sizzle.
- Add all the eggs to the pan and stir them with the spatula.
- Once set, add half the goat cheese to the omelette.
- Roll the omelette over in the pan three times.
- Plate the omelette and top with half of the mushrooms.
- Repeat the recipe to make another omelette.
- High five yourself because, yes, you just made the perfect omelette and it’s delicious!