Crepes Suzette with Brown Butter Truffle Honey
Mise en Place
- Small Pot
- 10” Non-Stick Pan
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 2 oz Ladle
- Cutting Board
( * Please keep refrigerated before class )
- 3 tbsp Butter (reserve 1 tbsp)*
- 1 pt Whole Milk*
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 pt Strawberries*
- 1 ea Lemon
- 4 ea Eggs*
- ½ cup Cream*
- 1 jar Brown Butter Truffle Honey
How to Cook
- Place 2 tbsp of butter and water into the small pot and just bring to the boil. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs and milk in the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Slowly whisk in the warm butter.
- Wash and cut the strawberries into quarters.
- Place the strawberries in the pan with the 1 tbsp water and bring to the boil.
- Add a generous amount of Brown Butter Truffle Honey depending on how sweet and delicious you want it!
- Add a couple drops of lemon juice to the strawberries to season, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the cream to the other mixing bowl and whisk to soft peaks.
- Zest 1 tbsp of lemon zest and add to the whipped cream, set aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add a small amount of butter to the pan and warm it, it should start sizzling.
- Add one ladle full of crepe batter to the pan and swirl the pan to yield a very thin crepe.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat until the crepe is set.
- Flip the crepe over and repeat!!
- Fold the crepes into quarters, top with the stewed strawberries, whipped cream, and drizzle Brown Butter Truffle Honey all over.. Enjoy!