Truffle Margherita Pizza
Mise en Place
- Cutting Board
- 12x16 half sheet Tray
- 2 large Mixing Bowls
- 1 Silpat
- 1 ½ cup Warm Water, between 75-90F
- 1 packet Dry Active Yeast
- 2 pint 00 Flour
- 4 oz Tartufata
- 1 ½ lb Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 oz Olive oil (1 tbsp for Dough)
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese
- ½ bunch Basil
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
24 Hours Before the Class
- Stir together warm water and dry yeast in a mixing bowl, and allow to sit in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and 1 tbsp olive oil to the bowl and mix together.
- Continue mixing for 6 minutes (you can do this in a KitchenAid with a dough hook).
- Add 1 tbsp of Balinese Truffle Salt and continue mixing for another 6 minutes
- Spray the other mixing bowl with pan spray or rub a little olive oil onto it and transfer the dough to this bowl.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rest at room temperature for 3 hours, folding the dough every hour.
- After 3 hours, transfer the dough to the fridge to sit overnight until 1 hour before the class.
1 Hour Before the Class
- Line sheet tray with the silpat, and pour the remainder of the olive oil onto the bottom of the sheet tray and spread the dough halfway across the sheet tray.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes, then spread it to cover the bottom of the sheet tray evenly.
Prep During the Class
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Place one oven rack near the top of the oven, this is the rack we will put the sheet tray on for cooking the pizza.
- Spread the tartufata across the dough.
- Slice the tomatoes and lay them across the dough.
- Slice the mozzarella and lay it over the dough as well.
- Thinly shave the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle a touch of Truffle Salt on top of the pizza.
- Chiffonade the basil and place in a small bowl, cover with a damp paper towel.
How to Cook
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and spread the chiffonade basil on top. Finish with another touch of Balinese Truffle Salt and enjoy while warm!