White Truffle Lasagna
Cook Time 🍳
Chef Jason & Tyler
In this class, learn how to make and roll fresh pasta into lasagna sheets by hand and make a tasty, multi-layered lasagna!
- 2 ½ cup 00 flour
- 8 egg yolks, 2 whole eggs, 2 teaspoon olive oil, lightly whisked ❄
- 2 whole eggs (for sauce)❄
- 1 quart Grandma Nonna’s Bolognese Sauce ❄
- 1 quart White Truffle Bechamel Sauce ❄
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese ❄
- Balinese Truffle Salt
- Cutting board
- Large pot with lid
- 13x9” Pyrex container or similar sized casserole container
- Slotted spoon
- Aluminum foil
- Kitchen towel
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
*Homework: 1 Hour Before the Class*
Set aside ½ cup of flour for your “bench flour.” We will use this when we roll the pasta out later.
- Lay the remaining flour on your counter and make a well in the center. Add the egg yolks, whole egg, and olive oil. Whisk the eggs and oil together with a fork until combined.
- Using your index finger like a dough hook, mix the eggs and oil into the flour until shaggy.
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 5-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest until class time.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Fill a large pot with water, cover, and bring to a boil on the stove on high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the bechamel sauce with the eggs for sauce until smooth. Season with black pepper and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Leave the bechamel and bolognese sauce on the counter top to temper.
- Roll out the pasta into a very thin sheet, thin enough to read a piece of paper through.
- Portion the pasta sheets into 10-12 pieces long enough to cover the inside of the container.
- Lightly season the boiling water with kosher salt.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pasta from the water and plunge into a bowl filled with cold water to cool for 1-2 minutes. Once cooled, remove the pasta from the water and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
How to Assemble
Add a small amount of olive oil to the bottom of the container along with a tablespoon of bolognese sauce and line with a layer of pasta.
- Spread one third of the bechamel sauce over the first layer of pasta into a very thin layer.
- Top the layer of bechamel with another layer of pasta and top that with one third of the bolognese sauce.
- Continue this process until you have used all of the bechamel and bolognese sauce. You will have 3 layers with bechamel and 3 layers with bolognese sauce with the last layer of bolognese on top.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese evenly on top of the final layer of bolognese sauce and add one sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil and have it ready for the oven.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
Transfer the lasagna to the oven and bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- After 45 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and turn the oven to broil.
- Broil the lasagna for 2-3 minutes or until the top of the lasagna is golden brown and delicious.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately to enjoy some of the finest lasagna you’ve ever made!!
Note from the Chef 👩🍳
Please have a Pasta Machine on hand for this recipe.