Truffle Tortellini en Brodo
Cook Time 🍳
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic ❄
- 3 sprigs thyme ❄
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 cups broth ❄
- ½ cup water
- 1¼ cups 00 flour
- 2 eggs ❄
- 2 egg yolks ❄
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces whole milk ricotta ❄
- 2 whole eggs ❄
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese ❄
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- Cutting board
- 2 oz ladle
- ½ c measuring cup
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- 2qt pot
- Large pot
- Slotted spoon
- Peeler or truffle shaver
- Medium mixing bowl
- Kitchen towel
- Plastic wrap
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
Fill a large pot with water and cover it with a lid. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- To make the mushroom brodo, peel and dice the shallot. Crush the garlic with the palm of your hand.
- Place the diced shallot, thyme, crushed garlic, dried mushrooms, and peppercorns in a 2 quart pot. Add the broth and water and bring to a simmer. Cook, adjusting the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Set aside ½ cup of flour for bench flour.
- Lay the remaining flour onto the countertop and form a well in the center.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks, and olive oil into the center of the well. Mix with a fork.
- Using your index finger, slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs, then form into a shaggy ball.
- Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest.
- Place the ricotta into the mixing bowl and add ¾ of the whole egg to the bowl. Add a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt, grate in half of the Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon of chopped Truffle Carpaccio. This is the ricotta farce.
- Roll the dough out into a very thin sheet with the rolling pin.
Cut the pasta into small rounds and form the tortellinis, transfer to a dusted baking sheet.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
Adjust the seasoning of the brodo with Balinese Truffle Salt. Strain into another pot or bowl and keep hot.
- Lightly season the pot of boiling water with salt and cook the tortellini for 3 minutes.
- Remove the tortellini from the pot and plate them in your favorite serving bowl.
- Using a ladle, ladle some of the mushroom brodo on top of the tortellinis.
- Shave some Parmesan cheese over the tortellinis and top with Truffle Carpaccio.
- Add one last sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt and dig in!