Truffle Marinated Chicken Kebabs and Cucumber Yogurt Dip
Cook Time 🍳
Chef Tyler will teach you how to cook over an open fire like a professional chef, with truffle marinated chicken and fresh summer vegetable kebabs, our signature cucumber, yogurt, and mint dipping sauce, and Sarah's original Forest Foraged Mojitos. As an added bonus, we're throwing in a jar of our famous Brown Butter Truffle Honey for the ultimate S'mores dessert!!!
- 1 English cucumber ❄
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini ❄
- 1 gold bar squash❄
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes ❄
- 1 jar Truffle Kebab Marinade ❄
- 1 bunch mint ❄
- 1 cup Greek yogurt ❄
- 1 lemon
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 pound chicken thighs ❄
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 1 jar Brown Butter Truffle Honey
- 13”x9” Pyrex container (or extra sheet tray)
- Sheet tray
- Cutting board
- Paper towels
- Kitchen towels
- S’mores sticks & fixings
- Pocket knife
- 3 Mixing bowls
- Box cheese grater
- Kosher salt
- Firepit with grill grates
- Plenty of clean water
- Metal spoon
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
Mise En Place 🥄
Please have S’mores fixings on-hand for the Ultimate Truffle Honey S’mores dessert!
Please make sure to maintain a hot fire throughout this class!!!
- Place the skewers into the Pyrex container or sheet tray and cover with water to soak. This prevents burning when cooking directly over fire.
- Peel and deseed the cucumber. Using the large side of a cheese grater, grate the remaining flesh into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with kosher salt, press against the sides of the bowl, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice the squash, zucchini into 1” pieces. Peel and quarter the onion. Transfer the vegetables, along with the whole cherry tomatoes, to a sheet tray and dress with half of the Truffle Kebab Marinade. Use your hands to massage the marinade into the vegetables.
- Pick and chiffonade the mint.
- Pour the cucumber’s liquid into a separate bowl to reserve. In the bowl with the grated cucumber, add the Greek yogurt, zest in the lemon, and add a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Stir to combine, adding a splash of cucumber water to thin if necessary. Set aside in your cooler or refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from its packaging, pat dry with paper towels, and dice into large pieces. Transfer to the sheet tray, along with the remaining Truffle Kebab Marinade and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Toss to coat.
- Very thoroughly clean your cutting boards, knives, and wash your hands before moving on to the next steps.
- Drain and dry the skewers and start making the kebabs. Start with a piece of chicken, then some vegetables, then more chicken, and continue until the skewer is full. Lay the finished skewers in the Pyrex container until you’re ready to cook.
- Again, take the time to wash your hands and clean all of your surfaces.
How to Cook 🍳
- Make sure that the fire is ripping hot and get your grill grate pre-heating! Clean those grill grates before cooking.
- Place the kebabs onto the hot grill grates and cook, rotating from time to time, until the chicken is cooked through and the kebabs are nicely grilled. This will take around 10 minutes depending on the heat of your fire.
- Finish the grilled kebabs with a sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt and the Truffle Carpaccio and its oil.
- Lay the skewers onto your favorite glamping platter alongside the cucumber yogurt dip, mint, and lemon wedges. Now it’s time to dig into those delicious kebabs and congratulate yourself on “roughing” it out there in the wilderness!! Have fun making yourself some Brown Butter Truffle Honey S’mores for dessert!!
Note from the Chef 👩🍳
This On-demand Video includes our Truffle Kebab Marinade. We’ve shared the recipe below so you can recreate it in your own kitchen.
Truffle Kebab Marinade
1¾ tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon finely chopped Black Truffle Carpaccio
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoons za'atar
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until combined.