▶️ How to make Sweet Pea and Mint Gnocchi - LIVESTREAM
Sweet Pea and Mint Gnocchi with Black Truffle & Beurre Monte
Cook Time 🍳
In this class, you’ll learn how to make a delicious, seasonal version of our lemon ricotta gnocchi. Learn how to make pillowy, delicious gnocchis. Sharpen your knife skills by learning how to chiffonade sweet peas and mint. Plus, in this class, we will be going over one of the most widely-used sauces in the French kitchen: beurre monte!
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- ¼ pound snap peas ❄
- ½ bunch mint ❄
- 4 ounces unsalted butter ❄
- 12 ounces whole-milk ricotta ❄
- 3 egg yolks ❄
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese ❄
- 1 lemon
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
1¼ cup 00 Flour (Reserve ¼ cup for bench flour)
3 tablespoons water
- Kosher salt
Large pot with a lid
- Kitchen towel
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- ¼ cup measure
- Sheet tray
- Parchment paper or foil
- Large cutting board
- Bench scraper
- Large pan
- Slotted spoon
- Small pot
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or foil and set aside. Fill a large pot with water, leaving about 1 inch of room from the top. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio. Slice the peas on a bias. Chiffonade the mint. Cut the butter.
- Remove the ricotta from its packaging and set onto a clean kitchen towel. Lightly press down to remove its excess moisture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the drained ricotta, egg yolks, chopped Truffle Carpaccio, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Grate in the parmesan and zest of 1 lemon and use a wooden spoon to stir until combined. (Pro tip: save a small piece of parm to use as garnish!)
- Set aside ¼ cup of 00 flour for your “bench flour.”
- Slowly incorporate the remaining 1 cup flour into the mixture until the consistency resembles Play-Doh.
- Use your bench flour to lightly dust your work surface, hands, and lined sheet tray.
- Transfer the dough to the dusted work surface and form into a disc.
- Use a knife or bench scraper to cut the disc into 6 even wedges. Roll each wedge into a ¾” thick rope. Cut each rope into knuckle-sized pieces that resemble small pillows. Repeat with the remaining dough, transferring the gnocchi onto the prepared sheet tray.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
In a large pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the peas and saute until they’re al dente. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water to a sauce pot over high heat. Once boiling, turn off the heat and slowly whisk in the remaining butter cubes to make a beurre monte. Once it’s smooth and velvety, season by whisking in lemon juice and Balinese Truffle Salt to taste.
- Add a decent amount of kosher salt to the boiling water and blanch the gnocchi until they float, about 1-2 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the gnocchi to the large pan with the peas. Add the beurre monte and toss together.
Leave a comment