▶️ How to make Pumpkin & Black Truffle Risotto | LIVESTREAM
Pumpkin & Black Truffle Risotto
Cook Time 🍳
The perfect fall specialty! A warm bowl of truffled pumpkin risotto topped with roasted sweet potato, brown butter, and toasted pumpkin seeds. Its creamy, nutty, and soooo delicious!!
3 cups broth ❄
- 1½ cups water
- 1 ounce Parmesan ❄
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 1 shallot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 cup carnaroli rice
- Small sauce pot
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- Large pan
- Box cheese grater or Microplane
- 1 cup measuring cup
- ½ cup measure
- Can opener
- Champagne vinegar or other favorite vinegar
❄ PLEASE KEEP REFRIGERATED BEFORE CLASS ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
In a 2 quart pot over medium-high heat, bring 3 cups of broth and 1½ cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the Parmesan.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Peel and finely mince the shallot.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
In a large saucepan over low heat, stir together the shallot, olive oil, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Cook until the shallot is soft and translucent (but before browned).
- Add the rice and continue stirring over low heat until the rice has a toasty aroma but no color.
- Deglaze the pan with ½ cup of white wine, then increase heat to medium-high and continue stirring until all of the wine has evaporated.
- Turn the heat to medium and add one ladle of hot stock.
- Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, stirring constantly. Repeat this process until only ¼ cup of stock remains and the rice is al dente.
- Turn the heat to low and add the butter, pumpkin puree, and Parmesan. Stir until homogenous.
- Fold in the chopped Truffle Carpaccio.
- Adjust the seasoning with a couple drops of Champagne vinegar and Balinese Truffle Salt to taste.
- Garnish with the remaining slices of Truffle Carpaccio and enjoy!
Leave a comment