🎥 How to make NY Strip Steak with Truffle Corn Succotash | HD
Pan-Seared NY Strip Steak with Truffle Corn Succotash
Sharpen your knives and throw away your meat thermometers! Truffle Shuffle founder Chef Tyler Vorce will teach you how to make a delicious pan-seared steak from the finest Black Angus cattle. Plus, there’s no better way to accompany a beautifully seared 14 oz steak than with our sweet summer corn succotash and perfectly baked potato.
With your purchase, you'll receive a recipe, helpful tips and tricks, wine pairing suggestions, and special access to a master class-style video on cooking this dish from start to finish.
2 russet potatoes
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 ear sweet corn ❄
- 1 ounce bacon ❄
- 1 ounce sun dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch scallions ❄
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter ❄
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 Holy Grail NY strip steak ❄
- 1 clove garlic ❄
- ½ bunch thyme ❄
- 2 ounces Truffle Gastrique ❄
- 1 handful baby
- Kosher salt
- Aluminum foil
- Paper towels
- Knife & cutting board
- 1 large saute pan & 1 large cast iron pan (or 2 large saute pans)
- Large wooden spoon & metal spoon
- Measuring spoons
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
Homework: ½ Hours Before Class 📖
Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Prick each potato with a fork and rub with 1 tsp Canola oil (save the remaining oil for later!). Season with a pinch of kosher salt and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
15 minutes before class
Remove the steak from its packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate at room temperature to temper.
Shuck and kernel the corn. Slice the scallions. Dice sun dried tomatoes and bacon. Set aside.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt ½ tablespoon butter. When the butter begins to sizzle, add the bacon and stir occasionally until the fat has rendered, about 2 minutes. Add the corn and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt and stir for 1 minute to warm.
- Add the Gastrique and tomatoes and stir until the corn is glazed and the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the scallions. Taste and use Balinese Truffle Salt to adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- Open your windows and blast your oven vents!!!!!! Heat a large cast iron skillet or saute pan over high heat.
- Pat the steak dry and season generously on all sides with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Canola oil to the pan. When the oil begins to smoke, add the steak. Flip every 30 seconds or so until it’s nicely browned on all sides and it passes the “bounce test,” about 5 minutes for medium-rare (or 3 minutes longer for well done).
- Smash the garlic clove and add it to the pan, along with 2 tablespoons of butter and the thyme. Use a large spoon to baste with the garlic-thyme-butter for one minute.
- Remove the steak from the pan and set aside on a cutting board to rest, topped with the garlic and thyme.
- Reheat the Corn Succotash over medium heat. Once warm, turn off the heat and fold in the spinach to gently wilt.
- Slice each baked potato and pinch to open. Add the remaining butter and a healthy pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Carve the steak and plate it up alongside that beautiful baked potato and delicious Truffle Succotash. Season with Balinese Truffle Salt. Dig in!!
Note from the Chef 👩🍳
Want to cook this class with video instruction? Click here! Interested in a private event with truffle shuffle? Click here to learn more.
Leave a comment