Handmade Fresh Pasta
Cook Time 🍳
We'll teach you all the techniques to make the perfect pasta dough from scratch! From there, we'll show you how to make a variety of pasta shapes and a rich black truffle sauce using our Truffle Carpaccio and Balinese Truffle Salt.
1 ½ cups 00 flour
- 4 egg yolks, 1 whole egg, 1
- teaspoon olive oil ❄
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 3 ounces unsalted butter ❄
- 1 ounce Parmesan ❄
- Large lidded pot
- ½ cup measure
- Plastic wrap
- Large cutting board
- Rolling pin
- Large saute pan
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup measure
- Cheese grater
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
Fill a large pot with water, cover, and place on the stove on low heat.
- Set aside ½ cup flour for your “bench flour.”
- Lay the remaining flour on your counter and make a well in the center. Add the egg yolks, whole egg, and olive oil. Whisk the eggs and oil together with a fork until combined.
- Using your index finger like a dough hook, mix the eggs and oil into the flour until shaggy.
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 5-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio and set aside.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough until it’s thin enough to read a piece of paper through it.
- Cut the dough into your desired pasta shape.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
Lightly season the boiling water with kosher salt.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Strain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta’s cooking water.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, stir together the pasta water, butter, and chopped Truffle Carpaccio. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until the sauce becomes creamy and the pasta is al dente.
- Remove the pan from the heat and grate half of the Parmesan cheese into the sauce. Season with Balinese Truffle salt and stir to combine.
- Plate the pasta with the sauce, grate the remaining Parmesan cheese on top, and garnish with slices of the Truffle Carpaccio. Finish with one last sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt and dig in!!